About this Website
Legal & disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the JIB-PMES and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the JIB-PMES. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the JIB-PMES takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Commitment to accessibility
We are committed to the content of this website being accessible to all. If you experience any difficulty accessing the content on any page, please contact us explaining the problem. Every effort will be made to provide a remedy.
Compliance with web standards
Web standards are technologies established by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) designed to future-proof documents published on the Web and to make those documents accessible to as many people as possible.
W3C publishes a checklist with checkpoints for accessibility. This checklist is the basis of most national and international legislation and recommendations on accessibility. This website satisfies the most important checkpoints. All pages are valid (semantic) XHTML 1.0 (Transitional), one of the publishing languages of the World Wide Web.
Design and layout
Presentation is controlled entirely by style sheets. A style sheet is a separate document from the web page itself. It is considered good practice to separate style from structure to make web pages more accessible.
Of course, this website looks its best in a modern, graphical web browser but the content should be readable and usable even for text-based browsers and older graphical browsers. The pages have been tested by a third party using voice recognition software which enables hands-free screen navigation and data entry via spoken instruction, and found to operate effectively.
Navigation throughout this website is logical, simple, and consistent, even when viewed in a text-only browser. Links to pages within this website and to other websites do not cause pop-ups or other windows to appear.
All images that convey information have a text equivalent and, if needed, also a separate description. The exceptions are images used for purely decorative purposes. The smallest image file sizes consistent with optimal display quality have been provided.
In addition, this website remains fully accessible to visitors whose browsers have images turned off.
All pages work even with browsers which do not support client-side scripting or where this has been disabled. The few existing scripts provide added value but they are in no way critical.
All pages are 'print-friendly'. A print-only style ensures that irrelevant content, colours, backgrounds etc do not print, and that all content is served in logical order in a single column using Times New Roman.
As with most websites, some information is routinely collected each time someone visits a page.
The visitor tracking system allows the site's web server to log information provided by the visitor's browser. This information is used to create summary statistics which allows us to assess the number of visitors to each page of the website, assess what information is most and least used, and to help make the experience as interesting and useful as possible to visitors.
The information logged is as follows: the date and time of your visit, your top level domain (.com, .gov, .co.uk, etc), the address (URL) of the referring page, your service provider's IP address, and the pages accessed on this website. Nothing is (nor can be) collected that identifies a visitor in person.
No visitor tracking information is passed to any third parties.
Removal of information submitted
Information is also collected when a visitor voluntarily submits a form on the site. The type of information is clearly indicated on each form and may include your name, email address, and comments you submitted to us. None of this information is passed to any third parties.
If you wish this information to be removed from our records please contact us and we will comply with your request.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Whilst we welcome posts and comments on the website, any posts or comments added by you to this website may be edited, disallowed or removed as we see fit.
- Any posts or comments added by you to this website must be lawful, decent, honest, truthful and respectful of the rights of other users of this website.