The UK-PHMES CSCS Registration Scheme
A single scheme for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
The Joint Industry Board for the Plumbing Industry in England & Wales (JIB-PMES) and the Board for Scotland & Northern Ireland (SNIJIB) have established the UK Plumbing Heating & Mechanical Engineering Services (UK-PHMES) Registration Scheme.
The new Joint Scheme continues to be affiliated to the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
The objectives of the UK-PHMES Registration Scheme
- Standardise Plumbing CSCS Registration Cards throughout the UK and use a common design.
- Create a common and mutually recognised Grading Structure, based on NVQS/SVQS, as part of the Registration process with “Plumber” as the basic Grade. (All holders of Blue or Gold UK-PHMES Registration Cards are automatically given the basic grade as a trained plumber, Domestic Heating Fitter or Mechanical Pipe Fitter)
- Promote awareness of Health & Safety in the industry, applying testing where necessary, so that PHMES operatives will always endeavour to undertake their duties in a competent and safe manner.
UK-PHMES CSCS Card membership provides benefits to individuals:
- Access to construction sites.
- Industry-wide recognition of skills, competence and qualifications.
- Improved knowledge and awareness of workplace Health & Safety.
- Enhanced employment prospects.
- Confirmation of your professionalism – card will help differentiate you from the industry's "cowboys".
About the CSCS
The CSCS – Construction Skills Certification Scheme – was set up to help the construction industry to improve quality and reduce accidents. CSCS cards cover hundreds of occupations and have become the accepted proof of occupational competence throughout the construction industry. CSCS registration is increasingly demanded by contractors and public and private employers.